Tuesday, October 17, 2006

333 - Cupie Axe Critique

So...today is the day that I turned in the cupie axe project. This brings something to mind. One thing I love about being an artist is that nothing is ever complete. Every time I look at something I made I feel as though it can be better even if I have people telling me that it is good. The same goes with this project. We started off critique with my professor stating that this axe has got to be the creepiest thing he has had, ever, to come out of this class. WOOT! I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish! haha!

But seriously....

We did talk about the texture work that is needed and alternate ways to create normal maps. I do want to revisit this project and will, hopefully before the end of the quarter. There was also another idea to have paint chips on the face and hand, which I plan to do as well.

For the most part I think it is a good go for my first time in zbrush and my first time dealing with displacement maps.

No comments: