Wednesday, October 18, 2006

405 - Schedule Update

I will be the first to admit an error in my ways, and usually it is right after I have committed it and there is no turning back. As I said in a previous post, I had a bumpy start to the quarter and therefore got a late start on my projects. It has caught up with me. Below is a new schedule for my Studio I class. This would not have been an issue, but alas I do not have the energy level of a god.

The update is giving me more time with my cartoon character model. I really want to take my time on it and make sure I am doing it right. If the model was just to stand there it wouldn't be a big deal, but I plan to get it rigged eventually. I am using this as a major learning opportunity in character modeling, which I find to be one of my more important projects of the quarter. The problem with this scenario is that I will not have my slack days anymore. They are now officially used. Another point I should make is that when making a schedule for a project, one should also take note of their other classes such as intro to zbrush.

I hope that the second half of the quarter is going to be much smoother, since I did overcome many hurdles in the first half. My projects from here on out should become a much smoother process.

Concept and Schedule

Thesis Statement: This quarter I am going to create three high detailed models.

Project Description: The models are going to include a hyper-realistic male or female, a cartoon character and a complex mechanical object. All models will be modeled and textured by me. They will also all be designed by me, except for the cartoon character that will be designed by Lindsey Butterworth.

Schedule:

Class 1: Wed Sept. 13

Introduction to class. Intro to materials. Review of Interactive Media.

Class 2: Mon Sept. 18

Three possible product pitches and exposition of skills (15%).

Class 3: Wed Sept. 20

Create schedule and begin work on concept drawings (3 per project).

Class 4: Mon Sept. 25

Have blog up and running. Have concepts done for complex mechanical.

Class 5: Wed Sept. 27

Begin modeling complex mechanical and continue working on concept drawings.

Class 6: Mon Oct. 2

Quarter project presentation (10%). Concept drawings due. Wrap-up modeling and begin texturing complex mechanical object.

Class 7: Wed Oct. 4

Quarter project presentation (10%). Complex mechanical object modeled and textured due.

Class 8: Mon Oct. 9

Begin modeling cartoon character.

Class 9: Wed Oct. 11

Continue modeling cartoon character.

Class 10: Mon Oct. 16

Midterm presentation and check-in of design docs (25%). Continue modeling cartoon character.

Class 11: Wed Oct. 18

Midterm presentation and check-in of design docs (25%). Continue modeling cartoon character.

Class 12: Mon Oct. 23

Have finished model and use toon shaders.

Class 13: Wed Oct. 25

Cartoon character modeled and textured.

Class 14: Mon Oct. 30

Model Self Portrait

Class 15: Wed Nov. 1

Continue modeling self portrait.

Class 16: Mon Nov. 6

Texture self portrait.

Class 17: Wed Nov. 8

Continue Texturing self portrait.

Class 18: Mon Nov. 13

Hyper-realistic human modeled and textured.

Class 19: Wed Nov. 15

Final project and presentation due. Review and post-mortem.

Class 20: Mon Nov. 20

Final project and presentation due. Review and post-mortem.

No comments: