Thursday, October 26, 2006

Activision and EA

There has been a buzz in the Game Development department at SCAD the past two days. Yesterday EA came in and announced a partnership with the school. In short, students will go to an offsite building to work on EA projects for a quarter. Great on resume and I am very excited about it.

Today Activision came in and gave a presentation on job and internship opportunities at their many studios, then they did interviews with students. I submitted my reel, though I didn't think it up to par, and I got an interview. It was like being put in front of a firing squad that just so happened to be smiling. Slightly uncomfortable, but it gave me direction and motivation. I never want to be in a job interview again where I feel completely inept. The preparation for my new reel has begun and I will continue updating this blog until I get the one on my site set up.

No comments: