Monday, October 30, 2006

405 - The Mother of Updates

This post is including yet another updated schedule. I am also throwing out there that this is not my normal work habit, but I want to make sure I do my current project right. I don't want another mediocre model to throw on my demo reel. I want something amazing to throw on my demo reel. As for my last post, after I posted I noticed some errors on the model. I am taking a moment to work on another project for my other class, but when I come back to Riley I am going to fix the lip and ear. Currently her upper lip is indented making it look like she is biting it and her ear is webbing at the top. I found some reference footage and will be going off of that to make the adjustments.

And now for the much awaited schedule:

Concept and Schedule

Thesis Statement: This quarter I am going to create two high detailed models.

Project Description: The models are going to include a cartoon character with rig and a complex mechanical object. Both models will be modeled and textured by me. They will also all be designed by me, except for the cartoon character that will be designed by Lindsey Butterworth.

Schedule:

Class 1: Wed Sept. 13

Introduction to class. Intro to materials. Review of Interactive Media.

Class 2: Mon Sept. 18

Three possible product pitches and exposition of skills (15%).

Class 3: Wed Sept. 20

Create schedule and begin work on concept drawings (3 per project).

Class 4: Mon Sept. 25

Have blog up and running. Have concepts done for complex mechanical.

Class 5: Wed Sept. 27

Begin modeling complex mechanical and continue working on concept drawings.

Class 6: Mon Oct. 2

Quarter project presentation (10%). Concept drawings due. Wrap-up modeling and begin texturing complex mechanical object.

Class 7: Wed Oct. 4

Quarter project presentation (10%). Complex mechanical object modeled and textured due.

Class 8: Mon Oct. 9

Begin modeling cartoon character for animation.

Class 9: Wed Oct. 11

Continue modeling cartoon character for animation.

Class 10: Mon Oct. 16

Midterm presentation and check-in of design docs (25%). Continue modeling cartoon character for animation.

Class 11: Wed Oct. 18

Midterm presentation and check-in of design docs (25%). Continue modeling cartoon character for animation.

Class 12: Mon Oct. 23

Continue modeling cartoon character for animation.

Class 13: Wed Oct. 25

Continue modeling cartoon character for animation.

Class 14: Mon Oct. 30

Finishing up modeling character for animation and adding shaders.

Class 15: Wed Nov. 1

Begin rigging and painting weights.

Class 16: Mon Nov. 6

Rigging and painting weights.

Class 17: Wed Nov. 8

Rigging and painting weights.

Class 18: Mon Nov. 13

Finishing rigging and painting weights.

Class 19: Wed Nov. 15

Riley Due: Model, Shader and Rig. Final project and presentation due. Review and post-mortem.

Class 20: Mon Nov. 20

Final project and presentation due. Review and post-mortem.

No comments: